Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2023 11:40 AM
The City of Port Colborne will be continuing with trail enhancements at H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park throughout the week of September 6-13, 2023. This new section of trail will provide greater accessibility and connections to the existing network.All amenities of the park will remain open as usual. However, users of the park should exercise caution while the equipment is operating within the park.
For more information, please contact Public Works at 905-835-5079.
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023 09:16 AM
Here’s what you will find in our September 2023 edition of City Hall News:
- Ways to PORTicipate in September
- Open House: Touch-a-Truck & Fire Prevention Kick Off
- Community Concert Series
- Community logo
- What’s new at your Port Colborne Public Library and Port Colborne Historical & Marine Museum
- Water Service and Sewer Lateral Replacement Grants and Loan Program
- Learn how to register for Virtual City Hall (if you’re not already)
How will you #PORTicipate, Port Colborne?
Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2023 10:04 AM
Port Colborne joined its counterparts from other Niagara municipalities at the 2023 Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) conference for a chance to brief provincial ministers and parliamentary assistants on a number of important initiatives.
The conference ran from August 20 to 23 at RBC Place London and included meetings with:
- Rick Byers MPP, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Finance
- Andrew Dowie MPP, Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation...
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2023 09:29 AM
Niagara Region Public Health is informing residents that Niagara has received its first confirmation of West Nile Virus (WNV) in mosquitoes in 2023. While the mosquitoes that tested positive were found in St. Catharines, all Niagara residents should take the following precautions to reduce the risk of being bitten by mosquitoes, and potentially exposed to WNV:
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks and shoes when outdoors
- Use mosquito repellent containing DEET or Icaridin, and carefully...
Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2023 12:29 PM
New outdoor lights have been installed at H.H. Knoll Lakeview Park in Port Colborne with funding provided by the Government of Canada through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario (FedDev Ontario).
The City of Port Colborne received a non-repayable contribution of $100,000 from the Tourism Partnership of Niagara (RTO2) to permanently install the new lights and make the park safer and more accessible.
RTO2 was approved for $8.5 million from FedDev Ontario to support local...