The City of Port Colborne Planning and Development Department implements land use planning practices that are informed by our Official Plan and Zoning Bylaw. All proposed developments must follow the policies set out in these documents. If a proposed development does not comply with the policies set out in these documents, then one of the applications below may be required. If you require any assistance with these applications please contact Planning Staff.

 The following Planning and Development Applications are available for download in PDF format.  

Committee of Adjustment 

Minor Variance Application

Consent Application

 Official Plan Amendment 
Official Plan Amendment Application 
Plan of Subdivision/Condominium 
Plan of Subdivision/Condominium Application 
 Site Plan Approval 
View and Print Handbook for Site Plan Control

Site Plan Control Application/Development Agreement 

 Zoning By-law Amendment

Zoning By-law Amendment Application

Application for Removal of Holding "H" Provision 


Pre-Consultation Request Form

If you are applying for an Official Plan Amendment, Zoning By-law Amendment, Plan of Subdivision/Condominium or Consent, please contact the City of Port Colborne, Planning and Development Services Department - Planning Division, to arrange for a pre-consultation meeting. 

All application forms should be printed on 8 1/2 X 14 (legal size) paper for formal submission.  Please note that the documents can be adjusted to the user's desired reading size by using the zoom in and zoom out tools in Adobe Acrobat Viewer.